Click on the link below for application.
The Power of One Charity College Scholarships
The Power of One Charity Scholarship
The Power of One Charity, a non-profit organization, will award scholarships to individuals meeting one or more of the following criteria:
· Is a current high school senior planning on attending college in fall 2018
· Is a current Adams 12 Five Star School District high school senior
· Has experienced the loss of a sibling/parent
· Is facing financial challenges related to college expenses
· Is a single parent wishing to go to or return to college
Individuals interested in applying for one of the scholarships should email Judi Madsen for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the attached application and submit by March 23, 2018. Please make a copy of the application.
The Power of One Charity was established after Andrew Dollaghan was killed in a tragic car accident at the age of 22 in 2008. Andrew’s parents, (Brian Stanley and Judi Dollaghan Madsen) both graduated from the Adams 12 Five Star School District and these scholarships are intended to assist other students in need, especially students in the Adams 12 Five Star School District. Students in other metro area school districts may also apply and will be considered based on the above criteria.
Up to $12,000 will be awarded in scholarships ranging from $500.00-1,000.00 per student as decided upon by The Power of One Charity Board of Directors after reviewing all applications. Scholarship amounts are awarded for two consecutive years as long as the specified criteria are met. Scholarship award recipients will be notified by April 9, 2018.
1. Application must be completed and submitted by 3/23/18.
2. Priority will be given to applicants meeting at least three or more criteria.
3. A copy of the tuition/fees statement must be submitted three weeks prior to payment deadline. Applicant must provide school address and student identification number.
4. Applicants may apply for second year of assistance. He/she must have maintained a G.P.A. of 2.5 or better to be considered for second year assistance.
5. When submitting an application for a second year scholarship, applicant must provide a copy of the college transcript for the previous year of college.6. Scholarship recipients MUST attend the annual golf tournament on 6/5/18. Recipients may attend either the opening or closing ceremonies and may also volunteer at the event.